lördag, december 17, 2005

Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood av Marjane Satrapi

Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood handlar om Khomeini-revolutionen 1979

Iran-Irak-kriget,

och hur det var att vara Marjane Satrapi 6, 10, 14 år i Iran under den tiden.

Jag är jämngammal med Satrapi och minns händelserna som nyheter. Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood tar bort avstånden mellan 2005-1979 och Västerås-Teheran.
__________________
Marjane Satrapi

Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood. 2000. Pantheon books, 2004: ISBN 0-375-42230-7
Embroideries. 2005

Mer
061006
Intervju med Satrapi

"Joseph Heller once said that he'd succeeded 'despite that great handicap for a novelist, a happy childhood'."

"Well, I would have much preferred to have had a normal childhood. I would have loved it if my greatest dilemma, at 14, was whether to go to Benetton for my pullovers. I would have preferred not to have cried all the tears I have cried."

"Even if it meant not writing?"

"Definitely. Because I would have been happy. But when you're dropped in a pile of shit, so to speak, you have to decide - either add to the pile, or use it as fertiliser, and grow flowers."